Ocasio-Cortez’s green energy plan ignores Obama’s failures

New York Post | 2/9/2019 | Staff
Sugar12 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2019/02/190209-green-column.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=1200

US Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) and US Senator Ed Markey (D-Ma.) speak during a press conference to announce Green New Deal legislation.

A charismatic Barack Obama peddled the idea of 5 million new green jobs as he ran for the presidency in 2008. Actually, the number was Hillary Clinton’s idea, but when she lost, Obama appropriated it. I wrote an article in 2010 in the Washington Post busting Obama’s myth, and the green industry rewarded me by keeping me unemployed ever since.

Obama - Billions - Energy - Sector - Flameout

Obama invested billions in the clean energy sector. Flameout after flameout like the solar company, Solyndra, resulted. There was hardly any accrual in new green jobs.

That was the myth of the clean-energy industry — that the technology and business models were ready for 5 millions jobs. They weren’t. I was engineer in one corner of clean energy — smart utility meters.

Politicians - Myth - Oil - Gas - Industry

While politicians sold their myth, the shale oil and gas industry created half a million jobs during the first half of the Obama presidency, all without federal funding or incentives. The economy was still rocky in 2012, and these shale jobs directly contributed in Obama winning his second term.

Again, we have a magnetic upstart, New York Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. All of D.C. (save for Nancy Pelosi) seems in awe of her. Ocasio-Cortez has just unveiled a new green pipe dream. She doesn’t talk much about green jobs, tainted as the term has become. Instead she outlines her plans to make the US a net-zero emitter in 10 years.

She...
(Excerpt) Read more at: New York Post
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Merry Christmas! It's not just for December any longer!