Addressing the Little Bit of Narcissism In All of Us

Rick Thomas | 2/10/2019 | Rick Thomas
Click For Photo: https://rickthomas.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/RMlogoHowtohelpthelittlebitofnarcissismthatisinallofus.jpg

Imagine a person standing in the center of a universe that he has created. All of the roads lead to himself. To get near him is to be drawn into the vortex of his selfishness. Me, my, and I describe his primary relationships and daily thoughts.

Our podcasts are on iTunes, Google Play, SoundCloud, TuneIn, or Stitcher. If you want to comment on this content, go here.

You may want to read:

He has self-esteem on steroids. His self-interests have run amuck. Paul’s appeal to him in Philippians to esteem others as more significant than himself is a parallel universe in which he does not live (Philippians 2:3-4).

Sucking - Machine - Preferences - Preoccupations - Orbit

He is a human sucking machine. His preferences and preoccupations draw you into his orbit and overpower you. I suspect you do not know anyone like this, but I do. I have just described my tendencies during any moment of any given day.

I am the most selfish person that I know. Though I do not consider myself a narcissist, where everything revolves around me, I am acutely aware of how selfish I can be. Maybe you are not a narcissist either, but can you be selfish?

Kingdom - Lord - Revolt - Divine - Rather

In the kingdom of the Lord, there has been a revolt against the Divine. Rather than human beings living to serve and worship their great Creator and Sovereign Ruler of the universe, we decided that we want a piece of the action for ourselves (Genesis 11:3-4).

Forgetting our purpose in God’s kingdom is at the heart of the narcissistic worldview. In our unique ways, we began blazing self-centered and self-actualized paths through life.

Narcissism - Fuel - Heart - Outcomes - Tenet

Narcissism is the fuel that energizes the heart toward self-focused outcomes. A major tenet in the narcissist’s modus operandi is the realization of no limits—he can do anything his soul craves.

Though the eye is never full of seeing and the...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Rick Thomas
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: