Chair of Intel Committee Beats Mueller to the Punch, Confirms They ‘Don’t Have Anything’ on Trump Collusion

Conservative Tribune | 2/8/2019 | Cillian Zeal
chrismpotts (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.westernjournal.com/ct/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Mueller-Burr.jpg

Well, here’s a good sign that our money used to investigate Donald Trump’s presidential campaign and its connections to those perfidious Kremlinites has been well-spent: The chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee says that when it comes to collusion with the Russians, they “don’t have anything” on the president.

In an interview with CBS News, Sen. Richard Burr, R-N.C., chairman of the committee, said the panel is “close to pushing out the door” a report detailing the Obama administration’s response to Russian interference in the election.

Interview - Thursday - Senator - Report - Matter

In the interview, published Thursday, the senator said the report would be out in “a matter of weeks.” However, he predicted in August that the report would be out in September.

“I’m not going to tell you that what we set out to do — which was to understand what happened in ’16 — is what’s extended the life of the investigation,” Burr said. “I think it’s a better understanding of what happened and how coordinated and organized the effort was.”

Sound - Things - Committee - Election - Interference

And from the sound of things, the committee has found significant election interference. What it hasn’t found, however, is that rascally Russian collusion.

“If we write a report based upon the facts that we have, then we don’t have anything that would suggest there was collusion by the Trump campaign and Russia,” Burr said.

Fox - News - Appearance - September - Burr

In a Fox News appearance back in September, Burr had already said that the committee had found no “hard evidence” of such collusion. In the interview with CBS News, he said that assessment was “accurate with everything we’ve accumulated since then.”

First, I know CBS News’ piece was more of a profile of Burr and the work his committee is doing, but let’s talk about burying the lede. I always enjoy, in pieces like this, seeing how far the information the media might find problematic is...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Conservative Tribune
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Sometimes I Wake Up Grumpy. Other Times I Let Her Sleep