Sexism or snowflakes? Row as JD Sports use photo of female model in suggestive pose for Scotland kit

Mail Online | 2/8/2019 | Zoie O\
Night987 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/02/08/03/9542250-0-image-a-17_1549595177348.jpg

Sports retailer JD Sports was at the centre of a sexism row yesterday after posting then deleting a photo of a female model in a provocative pose to advertise a football kit.

The retailer backtracked after a father accused the firm of sexism for the Scotland kit advert - which was accompanied by ones for the men's and boys' kits using models in more straight-laced poses.

Night - Retraction - Criticism - Tweets - Firm

But last night their retraction itself attracted criticism, with Tweets accusing the firm for pandering to snowflakes.

The image on the JD Sports website showed a woman in jeans with rips on the thighs sitting with her legs apart, while photos advertising male kits displayed men and boys in athletic wear.

Simon - Kemp - Discrepancy - Kits - Children

Simon Kemp spotted the discrepancy while preparing to buy kits for his children and raised the issue with the Scottish Football Association (SFA) and JD Sports, the official Scotland strip retailer.

The SFA asked JD Sports to remove the image which it did and both apologised for causing any upset.

Mr - Kemp - Media - Issue - ScottishFA

Mr Kemp took to social media to highlight the issue, tweeting: '@ScottishFA Looking forward to taking my kids to the Women's World Cup and thought I would buy new shirts for us all.

'So please explain why the official seller @JDSports has presented the boys and men as athletes, yet the female model is more 'traditional' #everydaysexism.'

ScottishFA - Way - Daughter - Football - Thousands

He added: '@ScottishFA And by the way, my daughter plays football too, as do thousands of girls. What kind of example does this set for them? @JDSports'

After the images were changed he tweeted: 'I'd like to think we made the world a slightly better place this morning.'

JD - Sports

JD Sports...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Never under estimate the power of the people, especially when they are a stupid mass!