Organised Australians share their incredible tricks and tips

Mail Online | 1/31/2017 | Matilda Rudd For Daily Mail Australia
gemini2323 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/02/08/00/9539272-0-image-a-354_1549586824270.jpg

Over the past few months, Japanese organisation queen Marie Kondo has soared back into popularity with her world famous KonMari tidying method.

And while searches for the method are up by a staggering 701 per cent on Pinterest, a number of Australian women are using the platform to share their own ingenious ways to keep households tidy too.

Products - Heads - Death - Cleaning - Method

From using natural products to clean their shower heads to following the 'Swedish death cleaning' method, the obscure - but effective - ideas have taken social media by storm in recent months.

This DIY blogger and aesthetics-minded cleaner has opened up about how she keeps her produce storage in the fridge looking crisp and fresh for weeks.

Everything - BPA - Plastic - Glass - Containers

'I keep everything in clear, BPA free plastic or glass containers and organise produce accordingly,' she wrote on her website.

'Anything that I use regularly I keep in OXO Greensavers; these things are amazing; they keep your produce fresh for weeks and come with removable drainage baskets.'

Husband - Plan - Meals - Week - Supermarket

She and her husband plan their meals for the week before they head to the supermarket and choose proteins and vegetables.

Using a chalk pen, Iryna writes the name of the product on the containers and the expiry date so she can keep track of everything.

Perks - Containers - Thing - Fruit - Vegetables

The perks of using containers means that if one thing spoils the surrounding fruit and vegetables won't necessarily go 'off' as well.

She employs the same strategy with her dry goods and keeps them in her pantry, labelled and ready to be used.

Weeks - Containers - Dishwasher - Contents

Every few weeks she will empty the containers, wash them in the dishwasher, and then place their contents back in for safe keeping.

'I actually picked which pantry containers we were going to use well before our builder even laid a foundation. I literally built shelves which would specifically fit my containers,' she...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!