Judges, Regulation, And The Federal Budget: An Interview With Senator Mike Braun

The Federalist | 2/7/2019 | The Federalist Staff
ArceusArceus (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://thefederalist.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Screen-Shot-2019-02-07-at-10.57.14-AM.png

Executive Editor Joy Pullman interviewed Senator Mike Braun from Indiana on the current nominations for district judges, Silicon Valley, the national debt, and more. Listen here or read the full transcript below, which has been edited and condensed for clarity.

Joy Pullmann: Senator Braun, I voted for you in this last election twice in both the primary and the general election, so that is my preface for wanting to ask you some direct question as a constituent, a conservative, and an American. So you want to talk about judges, but I have some other questions here, so let’s make the most of our short time together and we’ll do this quick hit style.

Senate - Judiciary - Committee - Nomination - Holly

So the Senate Judiciary Committee is set to consider the nomination of Holly Brady and Daiman Rayladi for U.S. District judges in Indiana’s Northern District. These are part of the one-third of the federal judgeship that the president recently renominated because Democrats are refusing to consider the nominations of many judges. Will these two judges apply the Constitution faithfully and be a judicial team for efforts to overturn Roe v. Wade and protect state constitutions from pro-abortion interpretations?

Mike Braun: I think the two judges and along with many others across the country, I think the slate that the president has brought to the forefront has been good across the board and I think the biggest issue not been with the quality of the candidates, but the speed at which we’ve been able to get them through the process. One of the things I knew when I was coming here was that it was basically a place that tried to resist and complicate the process. When I learned the mandatory time and debate that has to be held on each nominee, it’s really part of what’s wrong with the system,...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Federalist
Wake Up To Breaking News!
A pox on both their houses!