Paramount Network Announces 2019 Slate for “I Am” Documentary Series

TVOvermind | 2/7/2019 | Michael Baculinao
Click For Photo: https://www.tvovermind.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/87acd958d14cfc6c074aab0125f8a6c2.png

Paramount Network today announced the 2019 film slate for its award-winning I Am documentary franchise. Produced by filmmaker Derik Murray’s Network Entertainment, the three new chapters of the critically-acclaimed franchise will feature Richard Pryor, Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis, and Patrick Swayze. These three iconic figures join the prestigious roster who have been featured in past I Am documentaries, including John F. Kennedy Jr., Martin Luther King Jr., Bruce Lee, Steve McQueen, Evel Knievel, Heath Ledger, Paul Walker, Sam Kinison, and Chris Farley. I Am Richard Pryor, the first of the three 2019 installments, will make its world premiere at South by Southwest Film Festival on Tuesday, March 12, and will debut on Paramount Network on Friday, March 15 at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT. Premiere dates for the Jackie Kennedy Onassis and Patrick Swayze documentaries will be announced at a later date.

I Am Richard Pryor explores and celebrates the life and career of the iconic comedian who lifted himself out of poverty to achieve worldwide success. From his first comedy album until his death of a heart attack in 2005, the revolutionary stand-up comedian dispensed what critics regarded as the most poignant and penetrating comedic view of African-American life ever afforded to the U.S. at large. Volatile yet vulnerable, crass but sensitive, streetwise and cocky, Pryor did not simply tell stories, he brought them to life and was considered a trailblazer for generations of comics to come. The film explores his unusually personal art that was a window into a vulnerable soul, as well as the endless struggle to extend dignity and equality to all.

Richard - Pryor - Interviews - Comedians - Filmmakers

I Am Richard Pryor includes exclusive interviews with comedians, filmmakers, family, and friends including Sandra Bernhard, Ron De Blasio, Dr. Todd Boyd, Michael Epps, Tiffany Haddish, Henry Jaglom,...
(Excerpt) Read more at: TVOvermind
Wake Up To Breaking News!