‘Lethal Weapon’ Boss Addresses Damon Wayans’ Future On The Show

ET Canada | 2/6/2019 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://shawetcanada.files.wordpress.com/2018/10/fflethalweapon-ep215_sc11-ray_0486_f_hires1.jpg?quality=80&strip=all&w=720&h=480&crop=1

Is Damon Wayans done with “Lethal Weapon”?

Three months after Wayans revealed in a shocking interview that he planned to leave the Fox series after the current third season due to health reasons, it appears that the forecast regarding his future has gotten a lot rosier.

October - Interview - Electronic - Urban - Report

In an October interview with Electronic Urban Report, Wayans said he was planning on quitting Fox’s action drama after production on the third season, which was bumped up to 15 episodes, wrapped in December.

“I am going to be quitting the show in December after we finish the initial 13 [episodes],” the 58-year-old actor said in the video interview. “I don’t know what they’re planning, but that’s what I’m planning.”

Interview - Wayans - Age - Days - Reasons

In the interview, Wayans cited his age, being diabetic and “16-hour days,” as primary reasons for his decision to leave the Warner Bros. TV-produced series. When asked by the interviewer if he was “over it,” Wayans confirmed that he was “done.”

Miller addressed Wayans’ comments on Wednesday, revealing that it was eye-opening for everyone involved with the show and shared the steps they took to ensure that the veteran actor was comfortable with his demands.

Result - Sort - Sleeves - Miller - Cry

“As a result of that, it sort of made us sit down, roll up our sleeves and say, ‘OK, we’re now really hearing you. What do you need?'” Miller said. “He was tired. It was a cry for help. We all sat down and we worked on some hours and ways to fix his schedule.”

“Since that time, it has been an absolute delight making this show. He has come to work with a smile. It was tough for him. He’s not a young guy, and this is a crazy show to make. The stunts that...
(Excerpt) Read more at: ET Canada
Wake Up To Breaking News!