The Press Needs More Than A Super Bowl Ad To Fix Its Plunging Credibility

Investor's Business Daily | 2/6/2019 | Staff
MonkeyBubble (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.investors.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/EDIT5-ibdtipp-020419-AP.jpg

Big Lie: Presidential wannabe Elizabeth Warren's obfuscation about her Native American heritage may have finally done her in. The latest shoe to drop is her 1986 registration card for the Texas bar, in which she claimed her race is "American Indian."

This week, seven years after the public first learned that she'd been claiming to be a Native American, the Massachusetts senator sort of apologized for doing so. But only after the Washington Post unearthed a 1986 Texas bar registration card in which she hand wrote her race as "American Indian."

Post - Notes - Document - Warren - Claim

The Post notes that this is "the first document to surface showing Warren making the claim in her own handwriting."

"The Texas bar registration card is significant, among other reasons, because it removes any doubt that Warren directly claimed the identity. In other instances Warren has declined to say whether she or an assistant filled out forms," the Post story noted.

Sen - Warren - Mystery - American - Thing

Only Sen. Warren can clear up the mystery of why, in her late 30s, she suddenly started calling herself Native American, only to stop doing so in the mid-1990s. But one thing is perfectly clear: The various and ever-changing explanations she's given don't hold water.

Here's a brief summary:

Boston - Herald - Harvard - Law - School

When the Boston Herald first reported in early 2012 that Harvard Law School had been touting Elizabeth Warren as a Native American faculty member, it came as a surprise to everyone. Not just because her looks made it so implausible, but because she'd never once brought it up when she became a public figure.

At first, Warren, who was campaigning for her first term in the Senate, said she had no idea how Harvard came to list her as Native American. "I think I first learned about it when I saw it on the front page of the Herald," she said.

Evidence

Then, as more evidence came to...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Investor's Business Daily
Wake Up To Breaking News!