How the real-life mobster immortalized in the film Goodfellas was a bigamist in witness protection

Mail Online | 4/27/1980 | Lauren Fruen For Dailymail.com
ArceusArceus (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/02/06/22/9487672-0-image-a-90_1549491638895.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/1418450360/2014/10/1418450360_3852190195001_Goodfellas---Trailer----1990----HQ.mp4

The real-life mafia turncoat immortalized in the film Goodfellas was a bigamist who married a Mormon beautician while in witness protection with his family, according to a new report.

Henry Hill - depicted by Ray Liotta on the big screen in 1990 Scorsese movie - was moved into the program in 1980 after helping to jail his gangster friends.

Name - Martin - Lewis - Wife - Karen

There he assumed the name Martin Lewis and, along with long suffering wife Karen and their two children Gail and Michael, moved to Redmond, Washington.

But it didn't stop Hill, who plucked the name from Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis, from dating other women and when he met Mormon hairdresser Sherry Anders he appeared instantly smitten.

Fact - Pair - Home - Weeks - Dating

So smitten, in fact, that the pair moved in together at her home and got hitched after just seven weeks of dating, the Medium.com reports.

For Sherry, who was raised in a rural town in Washington as a Mormon, this was 'magic'. The two had met in a restaurant after 'Martin' overheard her talking about horses. He popped the question under two months later.

Medium - 'It - Roommate - Samantha - Kellum

She told Medium.com: 'It was magic.' Her roommate Samantha Kellum said: 'The electricity during those months was just absolutely volatile, just screaming.'

But Vivian Walsh, who owned the salon where Sherry, rented a chair, said: 'He kind of slinked in and didn't make good eye contact when I was introduced. I said, ‘You know, I hope that's not a red flag, but there's something kind of creepy about him.’'

Mobster - Age - Cover - Stories - Time

The mobster, who died at the age of 69 in 2012, assumed varying cover stories during his time in witness protection. He told people he worked for the government, an insurance investigator and an author.

When Hill met up with writer Nick Pileggi single mom Sherry did not know the book Wiseguys which...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
A pox on both their houses!