Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3: Taika Waititi Won't Direct the Sequel

Den of Geek | 2/5/2019 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://cdn1us.denofgeek.com/sites/denofgeekus/files/taika_1.jpg

Taika Waititi is a very busy man, but not too busy to be chatting to Marvel about doing another MCU installment, it seems.

The beloved Kiwi director ragnarok'd up to FX's TCA press tour this week to promote his new TV series, a spin-off of his cult classic mockumentary, What We Do in the Shadows, where he confirmed that he's still in talks with Marvel about directing a new film in the never-ending Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Deadline - Details - Plans - Projects - Marvel

Deadline revealed that, upon being pressed for details about his plans for any further projects with Marvel, Waititi made sure to state categorically that he was absolutely not interested in taking over Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 from ousted director James Gunn, but added “I’m still hanging out with those [Marvel] and talking about new stuff. I want to do another movie with them."

Waititi was also asked if he had met with the studio about replacing Gunn at any point.

James - Gunn - Films - Something - Stamp

“I didn’t really. For me, those are James [Gunn]’s films. Going into something like that with his stamp all over his films, would be...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Den of Geek
Wake Up To Breaking News!