Fisherman was 'murdered by three men camping next to him who brutally beat him to death'

Mail Online | 7/25/2016 | Ed Riley For Mailonline
ArceusArceus (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/02/05/17/9428830-0-image-a-2_1549388549356.jpg

A fisherman who was beaten to death and his body tossed into the River Thames told a friend he was worried about three men camping next to him, a court heard.

Scott Wilkinson, 48, was murdered on an angling trip on the banks of the river in Walton-on-Thames, Surrey, by Charlie Smith, and brothers Lenny and Shane Crawt, it is alleged.

Men - Group - Men - Witnesses - Woodland

Two of the men were identified in a group of three men by witnesses who spotted them leaving woodland less than two miles away from the murder scene.

It is claimed they shouted at them 'I wouldn't say anything if I was you because we killed someone tonight,' jurors were told.

Smith - Address - Lenny - West - Mosley

Smith, 24, of no fixed address, Lenny, 18, of West Mosley and Shane, 19, of Purley, surrey, are on trial at Guildford Crown Court.

Mr Wilkinson left his home on July 25 2016 to go fishing, pitching his tent near the water's edge of a spot on Donkey Island near Walton-on-Thames.

Angler - Men - Tents - Spot - Litter

The angler complained about three men who had pitched their tents in his usual spot, and were leaving litter around the island.

Prosecutor Paul Cavin QC said three men had been seen on CCTV leaving Donkey Island at 11.22pm on July 27.

Mr - Wilkinson - Girlfriend - CCTV - House

Mr Wilkinson had last been seen by his girlfriend shortly before - at 10.52pm - when she was seen on CCTV walking past a local public house on her way home from the island.

Mr Wilkinson had a device implanted in him that monitored his heart rate. The court was told that at 11.19pm he was raised, which experts said would be consistent with an adrenaline rush he experienced during the attack.

Jury - Hours

The jury heard he was alive but unconscious for hours after he was battered.

That evening, witnesses at a pub in Walton-on-Thames had seen three men, two of whom...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
A pox on both their houses!
Tagged: