Democratic Rep. Omar Doesn’t Address Jews Or Past Comments When Asked About Anti-Semitism

The Federalist | 2/5/2019 | Madeline Osburn
MysticHeart (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://thefederalist.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Screen-Shot-2019-02-05-at-12.26.19-PM.png

Democrat Rep. Ilhan Omar gave a vague response on Tuesday when asked about anti-Semitism and her criticism of Israel at a “religious freedom” event hosted by the left-leaning Center for American Progress.

When asked what she has “learned about anti-Semitism from engaging in these debates,” Omar did not address anti-Semitism or Jewish people.

Lot - Conversation - Discussions - Country - Policies

“A lot of the conversation often times is one that refuses really to separate, I think, discussions around the country and its policies, and when that is hatred for the people and their faith,” she said after a long pause. “I think I am at a breaking point where we are starting to have a conversation about what it means to be a people that harbor hate, and um, and the kind of journey we could all be on in fighting against discrimination collectively while still having the freedom to debate foreign policy and not only think about how we engage our allies but also how we criticize and hold them accountable.”

It’s unclear who Omar is referring to when she talks about “people that harbor hate.” Is she saying she is “at a breaking point” with Jewish people who harbor hate, or with those...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Federalist
Wake Up To Breaking News!