Will the Real 21 Savage Please Stand Up: Inside the Startlingly Violent, Questionably Authentic Life of Rap's Next Big Thing

E! Online | 2/5/2019 | Staff
dewbydewby (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://akns-images.eonline.com/eol_images/Entire_Site/201913/rs_600x600-190203131006-600-21-savage.cl.020319.jpg?fit=around%7C600:467&crop=600:467;center,top&output-quality=90

Regardless of who was funding those early days in the studio, for the life-long practitioner of the West African religion Ifa—which he described in the Interview piece as "basically just paying respect to your ancestors, including them in your life, letting them guide you through life, that's basically it"—his shooting was a wake-up call.

"I had to change. I was a wild n---a. And I knew one day karma was gonna come back around," he told GQ. "So when I got shot, I was like, All right, this is my sign. I'm getting a second chance or some s--t."

Debut - Picky - November - May - Release

His debut single, "Picky," dropped in November 2014. By the next May, following the release of The Slaughter Tape, he was being hailed as an underground hero in Atlanta. And when he and Metro Boomin dropped their joint EP Savage Mode in July 2016, the entire world was watching. Come January, he'd sign with Epic Records,...
(Excerpt) Read more at: E! Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
The only change you ever get from the goverment is what's in your pocket, and worth less every day.