CNN's Harlow Frets Climate Changes, Tosses Softballs to Jay Inslee

NewsBusters | 2/4/2019 | Staff
darktm22darktm22 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://cdn.newsbusters.org/images/harlow_5.jpg

On Monday's New Day show, as Washington Democratic Governor and possible 2020 presidential candidate Jay Inslee appeared as a guest, fill-in co-host Poppy Harlow fretted over the public's lack of interest in the issue of climate change as she mostly gave him a friendly forum to promote his views without pressing back on him from the right.

After the interview began at 8:17 a.m. Eastern with Governor Inslee discussing his efforts to promote environmentalism, a worried Harlow followed up:

Note - Change - Facts - Climate - Peril

On a very serious note -- and that is climate change -- I mean, you can't dispute the facts on what is happening to the climate and the peril and the danger to this country. But what is remarkable to me -- and I think what you're up against when you run on a climate change, you know, being your headline push here -- is how the American people really feel about it or don't care as much about it.

After citing a Pew Research Center poll finding that climate change ranks 17 out of 18 issues in priority for the public, Harlow added: "They just don't...
(Excerpt) Read more at: NewsBusters
Wake Up To Breaking News!
It's a fight to the death, which you will eventually lose...