Dido hits back at rumours she named her son Stanley, seven, after her famous duet with Eminem

Mail Online | 2/5/2019 | Connie Rusk;Maisie Bovingdon For Mailonline
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/02/04/18/9382626-0-image-a-5_1549303442126.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/02/04/2163103939598960217/1024x576_MP4_2163103939598960217.mp4

She was propelled into stardom when she featured on Eminem's hit single Stan back in 2000.

But Dido slammed speculation she named her seven-year-old son Stanley after the track as she discussed her music comeback on Lorraine on Monday.

Singer - Rohan - Gavin - Host - Lorraine

The singer, 47, who is married to Rohan Gavin, told host Lorraine Kelly she had picked her son's name when she was a teenager and the rapper's song named after the moniker was purely a coincidence.

She said: 'When I was a teenager, I was with my mate, I remember sitting on a wall, and they were like, "What are you going to call your kid?" and I was like, “Stanley."

Husband - Name - Favourite - Reasons

'Bizarrely, when I met my husband, that was the name that was his favourite for different reasons.'

Eminem helped introduce Dido to a US audience when he received permission to sample the first verse of Thank You in his single Stan, which was written about an obsessive fan.

Dido - Music - Video - Stan - Girlfriend

Dido also appeared in the music video as Stan's pregnant girlfriend. Interest soared in her debut album, with No Angel going on to become the top-selling album of 2001 worldwide.

And Dido appeared on the show to mark her comeback to the music business, 15 years after she released her last hit track White Flag in 2003.

Singer - Tour - Appearance - Viewers

The singer discussed her upcoming tour, but her youthful appearance quickly got viewers talking.

Fans were also quick to swoon over Dido, with one tweeting: 'Dido hasn't aged...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!