Ex-Starbucks CEO: 'I'm Not a Democrat,' They're 'So Far Left' They Want to Take Over Health Care

CNS News | 2/1/2019 | Staff
moni (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.cnsnews.com/howard_schultz_2.jpg

Howard Schultz, who grew up poor in a housing project and worked his way up to CEO of Starbucks and is considering a run for president in 2020, said he is no longer a Democrat because they are "so far left" politically they want to "take over health care, which we cannot afford," give "free college" and a "free job" to everybody, and they have helped create a $21.5 trillion national debt.

"We can't afford it," said Schultz, adding that he is a "self-made" billionaire, a rags-to-riches story which he thought "was the American dream, the aspiration of America."

Schultz - Remarks - Jan - Edition - MSNBC

Schultz made his remarks on the Jan. 30 edition of MSNBC's Morning Joe.

Panelists on the show pressed Schultz on possibly running as an independent in 2020, arguing that it would split the Democrat vote and help President Donald Trump to get reelected.

Co-host - Willie - Geist - Democrat - Democrat

Co-host Willie Geist said, "Why not just run as a Democrat? We know you are a Democrat. You've given to Hillary Clinton -- you've supported her candidacy."

Schultz then interjected, "No, I've been a Democrat. No, I have been a Democrat, but I am no longer."

Democrat - Geist

"So are you no longer a Democrat?" asked Geist.

Schultz replied, "No, I'm not a Democrat. I don't affiliate myself with the Democrat Party who is so far left, who basically wants the government to take over health care, which we cannot afford; the government to give free college to...
(Excerpt) Read more at: CNS News
Wake Up To Breaking News!