Netflix announces British dramedy Sex Education has been renewed for a second series

Mail Online | 2/1/2019 | Lisa Mcloughlin For Mailonline
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/02/01/17/9284406-0-image-a-26_1549042079299.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/01/13/5018261196265049246/1024x576_MP4_5018261196265049246.mp4

Netflix's hit series Sex Education has been renewed for a second season.

The popular show stars actress Gillian Anderson, 50, as a sex therapist and Asa Butterfield, 21, as her son Otis, a socially awkward pupil who teams up with street smart Maeve, played by Emma Mackey, to create a sex therapy clinic at their school.

Plenty - Nudity - Blunt - Examination - Everything

There's plenty of nudity and blunt examination of everything from same-sex love, abortion and wet dreams. Netflix itself describes the show as 'heartfelt, raunchy and irreverent.'

The streaming service, which previously said the series is on course to be watched 40 million households since it's release earlier this month, announced on Friday that the show will return for a further eight episodes.

Alongside - Gillian - Asa - Anderson - Stars

Alongside Gillian and Asa, Anderson, breakout stars Ncuti Gatwa, Aimee-Lou Wood, Connor Swindells, Kedar Williams-Stirling, Tanya Reynolds and Patricia Allison are all set to reprise their roles for the next instalment.

While Laurie Nunn will return as creator and executive producer as production starts filming in Wales this spring.

News - Runner - Laurie - Reception - Series

Speaking about the thrilling news, show runner Laurie said, 'The reception to series one has been so exciting.

'Seeing how people across the world have connected to characters that began as ideas in my head is incredible.

Person - Time - Series

Concluding: 'I'm hugely grateful to every person that has taken the time to watch the series, and I can't wait to continue this...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
2KXVI