Marisa Tomei and Julianne Moore Just Learned They're Genetic Cousins: 'I Knew We Were Alike!'

PEOPLE.com | 1/31/2019 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://peopledotcom.files.wordpress.com/2019/01/marisa-tomei-1.jpg?crop=2px,465px,2000px,1051px&resize=1200,630

No wonder Julianne Moore and Marisa Tomei are such good friends!

The two women starred in Crazy, Stupid Love together and attended Boston University at the same time in the early ’80s. And according to the PBS genealogy show, Finding Your Roots, their connection might go even further back.

Video - Moore - Instagram - Tomei - Guest

In a video Moore, 58, posted to her Instagram, Tomei, 54, is a guest on the show and learns from host Henry Louis Gates that she and the Still Alice star share “an identical stretch of DNA” on Tomei’s X chromosome.

“Julianne? Julie?” the My Cousin Vinny actress exclaims to Gates when she finds out that they are genetic cousins. “You know we went to school together? Jules! Oh, I can’t wait to tell her!”

Part - PBS - Discovery - Sense - Moore

Perhaps the most entertaining part of PBS’ discovery, though, is how little sense it makes. Moore doesn’t have any Italian heritage, Gates explains, and...
(Excerpt) Read more at: PEOPLE.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
The beatings will continue until moral improves.