Ex-FBI Lawyer Already Under Criminal Investigation Was Found Meddling in Trump Investigation

Conservative Tribune | 1/30/2019 | Jared Harris
cyanbyte (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.westernjournal.com/ct/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/James_Comey_Robert_Mueller.jpg

We’re finally getting some real collusion news that may alter the direction of Robert Mueller’s investigation, or hobble it altogether.

Former top FBI lawyer James Baker, the subject of a criminal investigation surrounding his alleged leaks to the media, revealed to lawmakers in October that he had a personal hand in the warrant the FBI received for surveillance of Trump campaign aide Carter Page under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act.

FBI - Lawyer - Move

The former FBI lawyer himself admitted it was an unusual move.

The transcripts of the interactions between congressional investigators and Baker have yet to be released to the public, but Fox News reported it was able to verify some of the details.

Baker - FISA - Process - End - Warrant

Baker reveals he didn’t want to get involved in the FISA process too close to the end, because once the warrant is ready for the FBI director’s certification, it’s tough to make changes.

“So I wanted to see it when it was gelled enough but before it went through the process and before it went to the director,” Baker said. “I wanted to see it and I wanted to read it because I knew it was sensitive.”

Lawmakers - Decision - Process - Step - Questioner

When pressed by lawmakers about his decision to get involved in the process — an “abnormal or unusual step,” as the questioner put it — Baker simply said, “I wanted to make sure that we were filing something that would adhere to the law and stand up over time.”

The answer makes it sound routine, but clearly it wasn’t.

Explanation - Baker - People

As fishy as that is, there’s another explanation Baker owes to the American people.

Is the Robert Mueller investigation fatally tainted?

Yes No

Completing this poll entitles you to Conservative Tribune news updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Hill - Contributor - John - Solomon

According to The Hill contributor John Solomon, there were two...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Conservative Tribune
Wake Up To Breaking News!