Pope Francis Recalls Trip to Panama During General Audience (Full Text)

ZENIT - English | 1/30/2019 | Virginia Forrester
Fubu_chik (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://zenit.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/aud6.jpeg

The January 30, 2019, General Audience was held at 9:30 in Paul VI Hall, where the Holy Father Francis met with groups of pilgrims and faithful from Italy and from all over the world.

In his address in Italian, the Pope focused his meditation on his Apostolic Journey to Panama, which just ended, on the occasion of the 34th World Youth Day (WYD) (Biblical passage from the Gospel according to Luke 1:38-39).

Catechesis - Languages - Holy - Father - Greetings

After summarizing his catechesis in several languages, the Holy Father expressed special greetings to groups of faithful present.

The General Audience ended with the singing of the Pater Noster and the Apostolic Blessing.

Dear - Brothers - Sisters - Morning

Dear Brothers and Sisters, good morning!

Today I will reflect with you on the Apostolic Journey I undertook in the past days to Panama. I invite you to render thanks to the Lord with me, for this grace that He willed to give to the Church and to the people of that dear country. I thank Mister President of Panama and the other Authorities, the Bishops and I thank all the volunteers– there were so many — for their warm and friendly welcome, the same that we saw in the people everywhere, who rushed to greet us with great faith and enthusiasm. Something that struck me very much: the people lifted the children with their arms as if saying: “Here is my pride, here is my future!” And they made us see the children, but there were so many! And the fathers and mothers were proud of that child. I thought: how much dignity there is in this gesture, and how eloquent it is for the demographic winter that we are living in Europe! The children are the pride of the family. The children are the security for the future. The demographic winter, without children, is hard!

Reason

The reason for this...
(Excerpt) Read more at: ZENIT - English
Wake Up To Breaking News!