Arrow Recap: How Did Oliver Prove Himself to His Newfound Sister?

TVLine | 1/28/2019 | Matt Webb Mitovich
oxboy (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://pmctvline2.files.wordpress.com/2019/01/arrow-150th-episode-documentary.png?w=622

This week on Arrow, Oliver and Laurel were haunted by their pasts, in ways that each traced back to their respective Daddy issues. Meanwhile, was Curtis able to make Diggle give up the Ghost Initiative?

Oliver meeting his half-sister, Emiko, was far from a warm, fuzzy moment. Though he was quick to deem his father’s actions unforgivable and avowed to make things right, she maintained that he is wasting his time with the outreach. “Your family destroys everything,” Emiko said, and when Oliver asked for “one chance” to prove himself to his “sister,” she shot back: “I have no family.”

Rick - Kannon - TV - Newsman - Oliver

When Rick Kannon, a local TV newsman who profiled Oliver and Laurel as vigilantes-turned-public servants, got zapped by an unseen assailant and then was thrust onto TV to denounce Oliver as a fraud and liar, Oliver and Dinah eventually deduced that the man responsible is Sam Hackett, the son of David Hackett aka Robert Queen’s bodyguard aboard the Gambit … aka the third person on the life raft, whom Robert offed before taking his own life. Toward episode’s end, Sam launched an assault on the cop shop, hacking into its electrical grid to power a lethal weapon of his own design. While Oliver, whose death Sam called for, stalled, Dinah sneaked outside and unhacked the electrical box, neutering Sam and allowing Oliver to gain the upper hand.

Afterward, Oliver reappeared on banged-up Rick Kannon’s show to detail the circumstances of Dave Hackett’s murder. “Transparency is about more than not wearing a mask,” he told the people of Star City. “I made mistakes, and I will make mistakes again. But I will not lie — that is my promise to you.”

Oliver - News - Hit - Emiko - Guts

Watching Oliver’s latest news hit, Emiko showed up to say it “took guts,” and represents a “start” in him proving he is different from...
(Excerpt) Read more at: TVLine
Wake Up To Breaking News!