Jada Pinkett Smith Knows Her Kids Willow, 18, and Jaden, 20, Are 'Really Privileged'

PEOPLE.com | 1/28/2019 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://peopledotcom.files.wordpress.com/2018/05/gettyimages-494022086.jpg?crop=0px,0px,682px,358.05px&resize=1200,630

Jada Pinkett Smith wants her kids to know the value of what they have.

“There’s two things with my kids that I think really worked well,” Pinkett Smith said. “As much as people got on me in regards to having them work early, I did not want them to grow up thinking that because they were in the midst of affluence that they did not have to grind or work hard on their own.”

Girls - Trip - Star - Kids - Work

The Girls Trip star said having her kids work at an early age “got them a taste” of hard work “and they really had a lot of respect for their parents in regards to what we were doing.”

She continued, “These hours, this work ethic, you have to be on time. I think also they had to start their charity lifestyle very early, [at] 5 years old they were in the orphanages at homeless shelters.”

Life - Twinkles - Lights - Listen - Guys

“They got to see that there’s life beyond all the twinkles and lights. That was really important to me, that they understood that listen you guys are really privileged and you are to learn how to offer and offer yourself and be in service to the world,” the actress shared. “I think Will and I...
(Excerpt) Read more at: PEOPLE.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Do I know who I am?