Rubio: ‘We Shouldn’t Be Trading Border Security for Anything, Because It’s Something We’re All For’

CNS News | 1/28/2019 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://cdn.cnsnews.com/rubio_cnn.png

(CNSNews.com) - Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) told CNN’s “State of the Union with Jake Tapper” on Sunday that Republicans shouldn’t be required to trade border security for something else with Democrats, because both parties are for border security.

Rubio said he doesn’t think “shutdowns are good leverage.” He’s seen two shutdowns since he’s been in Congress, “and the aggressor in neither one was the winner.”

Tactics - Goal - Policy - Aim - President

“I think it's important to separate the tactics from the goal and the policy aim, and what the president wants is not unreasonable. It's a fraction of what Democrats have voted for in the past,” he said.

“And, more importantly, I think, at least for me, is achieving border security is the key that unlocks the door to doing other things on immigration that he's expressed a willingness to do, the extension of TPS, dealing with the DACA population,” Rubio said.

First - Security - Anything - Something - Something

“First of all, we shouldn't be trading border security for anything, because it's something we're all for. If you are for something and I'm for something, why do we need to barter and negotiate over it?” he said.

“And the second part about it is, they don't have to leverage the president on what to...
(Excerpt) Read more at: CNS News
Wake Up To Breaking News!