Arrow's David Ramsey Previews Directing Debut, Earth-Two's Star City and a 'Fantastic' Return for OTA

TVLine | 1/28/2019 | Matt Webb Mitovich
AavyAavy (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://pmctvline2.files.wordpress.com/2019/01/arrow-7x11-david-ramsey-directing.jpg?w=622

With Arrow‘s resurrection of a “suicidal” squad of baddies, original cast member David Ramsey found himself behind the camera for the very first time.

In “Past Sins” (airing Monday at 8/7c, The CW), Curtis like Lyla is upset to discover that Diggle has restarted The Ghost Initiative, comprised of Ricardo Diaz, China White (Kelly Hu), Kane Wolfman aka Joe Wilson (Liam Hall) and Cupid/Carrie Cutter (Amy Gumenick). Elsewhere, the past comes back to haunt both Oliver and Laurel, in distinct ways.

Ramsey - TVLine - Preview - Debut - Storyline

Ramsey shared with TVLine a preview of his directorial debut and the storyline twists that come with it. Plus, for how much longer will OTA be MIA?

TVLINE | What was the biggest challenge that this script presented you, as a director?

Challenge - Respect - Coworkers - Challenge

I think the biggest perceived challenge going in was earning the respect of my coworkers. But, that ended up not being a challenge at all. I thought it would be, but it really wasn’t.

TVLINE | Oh, they all love you, man.

Terms - Script - Arc - Oliver - Season

Yeah, and they kept it dialed in. In terms of the script, because this is a continuing arc that Oliver has through the season, the big question was: At what place does this land within that arc? How much do we want to show, how much do we want to reveal, and how much of our hand do we want to play in terms of how this emotional beat connects to the third episode from now?

TVLINE | I brought that up with [showrunner] Beth Schwartz earlier this month: When does this Diggle/Lyla/Diaz thing make better sense as part of the bigger picture?

Challenge - TV - Show - Episodes - Question

That’s right. And that’s always the challenge, particularly in episodic [TV]. It varies when you’re dealing with a show that goes for 13 episodes versus one like our own that goes for 22, but that is the big question in...
(Excerpt) Read more at: TVLine
Wake Up To Breaking News!
What's more plentiful, hydrogen or stupidity?