Rami Malek snags best actor SAG after addressing Princess Diana Freddie Mercury rumor

Mail Online | 1/28/2019 | Ross Mcdonagh For Dailymail.com
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/01/28/03/9065830-0-image-a-19_1548646463155.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2018/07/17/2136262027238227526/1024x576_MP4_2136262027238227526.mp4

He snagged Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Leading Role for Bohemian Rhapsody at the SAGs on Sunday night.

But earlier in the night, Rami Malek told an even more fascinating acting story: when Princess Diana pretended to be a man to hang out in a bar with Freddie Mercury.

Carpet - Hollywood - Ceremony - Star - Rumors

Chatting on the red carpet ahead of the Hollywood ceremony, the star addressed one of the more bizarre rumors connecting the Queen frontman and the Queen's daughter-in-law.

Asked about the most surprising thing he learned about the man he was playing, he replied: 'You know there was one moment when I hear he took Princess Diana and disguised her as a man and took her into a bar... just so they could have their own fun moment without anybody else being aware.'

Disclaimer - 'Now - Legend

He added the disclaimer: 'Now I don't know if that's true! This might be an urban legend.'

Hours later Rami was standing on the stage making his acceptance speech, having pipped Vice's Christian Bale, A Star Is Born's Bradley Cooper, Green Book's Viggo Mortensen, and BlacKkKlansman's John David Washington to the statuette.

Co-stars - Producers - Bryan - Singer - Director

He thanked his co-stars and producers, but omitted Bryan Singer, the ousted director currently facing accusations of sexual misconduct.

The 37-year-old, who arrived to the ceremony with girlfriend and co-star Lucy Boynton, dedicated his award to Mercury.

Power - Life - Everything

'I get some power from him that is about stepping up and living your best life; being exactly who you want to be and accomplishing everything you so desire,' he said 'And I feel that, and he allows us all to feel that. So this is for him.'

Rami's Princess Di story first came to light in Cleo Rocos 2013 book The Power of Positive Drinking, in which she described...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
NY Times, a small niche paper for a small niche people in a really big internet