Patty Jenkins Hopes To Bring ‘Wonder Woman’ Into Present Day & Doesn’t Want To Direct A ‘Justice League’ Movie

The Playlist | 1/27/2019 | Margaret Kennedy
oxboy (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://theplaylist.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/wonder-woman-patty-jenkins-copy.jpg

Comic book fans are on the edge of our seats in anticipation for next year’s “Wonder Woman 1984,” but director Patty Jenkins is already thinking much farther ahead. In a recent interview with Hollywood Reporter, the celebrated superhero filmmaker spilled the beans on her long-term plans for the Wonder Woman character. Mainly, getting her out of past and entirely into the present.

Though the hero made her debut DCU appearance in the present-day film “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” and later in the ensemble movie “Justice League,” her origin movie and the upcoming sequel both are period pieces (the former during WWI, the latter during the 1980s). Considering the Amazon goddess is semi-immortal, it’s no surprise the director took advantage of the many opportunities the characteristic presents. And we can all agree that in tackling “Wonder Woman,” Jenkins crushed it. For future films though, the director isn’t going to look back. Literally.

Past - Jenkins - THR - Story - Down

“I’m not planning to put it in the past again, because where are you going to go?” Jenkins told THR. “You have to go forward. It’s definitely a contemporary story. That’s all I can say. Where we put it and how that gets figured out, I haven’t totally nailed down.”

When “Wonder Woman” premiered in 2017, it was the...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Playlist
Wake Up To Breaking News!