Virginia college student Luisa Cutting charged with murder of best friend Alexa Cannon

Mail Online | 1/25/2019 | Keith Griffith For Dailymail.com
my_new_puppy (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/01/25/20/8994996-0-image-a-31_1548448866250.jpg

A college student has been arrested on suspicion of stabbing her best friend 30 to 40 times in the apartment where they both lived.

Luisa Ines Tudela Harris Cutting, 21, was charged with second-degree murder on Thursday in western Virginia in the death of her Radford University classmate Alexa Cannon, 20.

Police - Students - Apartment - Complex - Thursday

Police were called to the students' apartment complex at 7.45am on Thursday, with the dispatcher reporting that a female caller was screaming something about a knife.

When they arrived, officers were greeted by Cutting, who was covered and blood, and turned around placing her hands behind her back saying 'arrest me', according to an arrest warrant.

Warrant - 'I

When asked why they should arrest her, the warrant states that Cutting replied: 'I killed her.'

Inside the apartment, officers found a grisly scene. Alexa lay on the floor suffering from up to 40 stab wounds.

Butcher - Knife - Mouth - Search - Warrant

A butcher knife was sticking out of her mouth, the search warrant said. She was pronounced dead on the scene.

Police found Alexa’s cellphone under her left hand and they took a black, serrated knife off her body.

Search - Warrants - Officers - Phone - Knife

Search warrants indicate that officers took the phone and knife. Cops also seized pills, smoking devices and grinders from Cutting's bedroom, and a brown chalk-like substance from the kitchen.

Friends of the young women said they were mystified by the murder, and could not imagine what the motive may have been.

Words - Shelton - Lewis - Radford - University

'I'm lost for words, to be honest,' Shelton Lewis, a Radford University junior, told WDBJ-TV. He lives just a few doors down and said he knew both girls.

'I really wanna know what was the motive behind it because they were best friends since freshmen year, and that was in 2016. Now it's 2019 and this has happened,' he said. 'I thought that we were all gonna graduate next year.'

Girls - Media

Both girls were extremely active on social media, leaving...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!