Prince William blames the stiff upper lip mentality of the WAR for today's mental health problems

Mail Online | 1/23/2019 | Martha Cliff for MailOnline
townskey13 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/01/23/18/8899526-0-image-a-2_1548268710484.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/01/23/7901378270359895301/1024x576_MP4_7901378270359895301.mp4

The Duke of Cambridge today rounded on his grandmother's generation as he claimed the stiff upper lip mentality maintained during World War II is to blame for today's mental health issues.

Prince William made the comments as he joined New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern at the Mental Health Matters meeting at the World Economic Forum in Davos earlier today.

William - People - Problems - Parents - Grandparents

William, 37, said that people learned to bottle up problems from parents and grandparents who lived through World War II, such as the Queen who was a driver and mechanic with the Women's Auxiliary Territorial Service and Prince Philip, a first lieutenant in the Royal Navy.

'I take it as far back as the war,' he said. 'It was very very difficult for everybody, losing so many loved ones and dealing with such horrendous circumstances that no matter how much you can talk you were never going to fix the issue.

Accident - Generation - Parents - Things

'Completely by accident they passed that on to the next generation, we all learn from our parents we all learn from how they deal with things.

'So this whole generation inherited that this is how we deal with problems we don't talk about them.

Generation

'I think that now there's a generation here that's realising this is not normal and we should talk about them. We should get over it.'

The prince went on to speak of his own experiences while working in the air ambulance, before he quit back in 2017.

'I - Lot - Trauma - Day - Day

He explained: 'I was dealing with a lot of trauma on a day in, day out basis, stuff that your body is not programmed to deal with.

'I might have gone into my shell a bit and thought 'I can deal with this myself' and then potentially down the line it manifests itself...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!