Bryan Singer Calls New Report A “Homophobic Smear Piece” As Rami Malek Denies Knowledge Of Allegations Before ‘Rhapsody’

The Playlist | 1/23/2019 | Charles Barfield
Click For Photo: https://theplaylist.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Bryan-Singer.jpeg

Today’s not a great day for director Bryan Singer. After the joy of seeing his latest film “Bohemian Rhapsody” earn Oscar nominations yesterday, the filmmaker was hit hard this morning by a new report with new claims of sexual assault and sexual misconduct with underage boys. And now, the director is fighting back, as the star of ‘Rhapsody’ is distancing himself from all the controversy.

Before we get to Singer’s response to the allegations, we should talk about actor Rami Malek. The lead in “Bohemian Rhapsody” has been at the forefront of the Best Actor discussion for most of the awards season. And now, Malek has to answer the tough questions, in light of the recent SInger revelations. His response? Ignorance is bliss, apparently.

Bryan - Head - Year - Time - Bryan

“As far as I knew, I was considered before Bryan was even attached. So I had my head down preparing for this for about a year ahead of time, and I never really looked up. I didn’t know much about Bryan,” said Malek in an interview with the LA Times. “I think that the allegations and things were, believe it or not, honestly something I was not aware of, and that is what it is. Who knows what happens with that … but I think somehow we found a way to persevere through everything that was thrown our way.”

He continued, “Perhaps that was Freddie himself doing it, because we wanted to make a product that was worthy of him. Who knows? I’m just proud that this cast and crew collectively raised their game and we depended on one another. It was a testament to everyone’s spirit and courage and skill. And one thing I will say about everyone — almost everyone — we never gave up. How about that?”

Obviously, we...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Playlist
Wake Up To Breaking News!
I love to post, but I never read the article!