White man charged after video shows him screaming racial slurs

Mail Online | 1/23/2019 | Leah Mcdonald For Dailymail.com
urbanagirl3 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/01/23/14/8887836-0-image-a-41_1548254999001.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/01/22/2091672443911161616/1024x576_MP4_2091672443911161616.mp4

A man faces hate crime charges after he approached a group of black youths with a gun and hurled racist abuse at them.

Video footage shows Mark Bartlett, 51, confronting a group of cyclists who were protesting against housing inequality in Miami on Martin Luther King Day.

Girlfriend - Dana - Scalione - Boys - Roadway

His girlfriend, Dana Scalione, first approached the boys to tell them they were blocking the roadway on Brickell Avenue Bridge.

In the video, she accuses one of the boys of running over her foot with his bike.

Thugs - Woman - Teens - Ran - Foot

'Don't touch me, you bunch of thugs,' the woman tells the teens as she walks away from them. 'You just ran over my foot,' she then claims.

The situation then escalates when Bartlett, the woman's partner, walks towards the group brandishing a gun and starts yelling obscenities and racist abuse.

F**k - Piece - S**t - Losers

He shouts: 'Get the f**k out of here you f*****g piece of s**t, you f*****g losers.

'Stupid n*****s, you're all dumb a*s f*****g n*****s. He then walks away and calls them n*****s for a third time as his girlfriend complains about her foot.

Protesters - Exchange - News - News

One of the protesters recording the exchange can be heard telling them: 'You're going to be on the news. Y'all going to make the news.'

Scalione then replies: 'That's fine.' Other footage shows the woman telling the protesters to move along as they are delaying her from picking her children up.

Video - Dream - Defenders - Action - Teens

The video was posted by Dream Defenders Action, saying the teens were protesting against the redevelopment of the Liberty Square public housing complex.

Police later arrested Bartlett as he was driving a few miles from the scene.

Weapon - Felony

He has so far been charged only with illegally carrying a concealed weapon, which is a felony.

But State Attorney Katherine Fernandez Rundle said in a news release that she has ordered her hate crimes chief to look into Monday's confrontation.

'I am...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
You can never use the word unexpected when it comes to abuse of power by the government.
Tagged: