Piers Morgan questions Ant and Dec's NTA win because he says he 'hasn't worked in a YEAR'

Mail Online | 1/23/2019 | Rebecca Davison for MailOnline
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/01/23/08/8876576-0-image-a-6_1548232608475.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/01/23/3770563123522259084/1024x576_MP4_3770563123522259084.mp4

He claimed that he would take a year off if Ant McPartlin and Declan Donnelly won Best TV presenters at the NTAs, held at London's 02 arena on Tuesday.

And Piers Morgan, 53, told Good Morning Britain viewers on Wednesday that he was 'livid' with the outcome the next day.

'It - Ant - McPartlin - Speech - TV

He said: 'It was Ant McPartlin’s speech that really cemented it for me. You mean, seriously, he hasn’t been on TV for a year. The only time he gets out of bed in the morning is to walk the dog!

Calling the public 'gullible', he said: 'I’m still annoyed, I can’t lie. I’m still annoyed. You saw people win who barely worked last year!'

'Why - Ant - Dec - Dec - Ant

He later added: 'Why did Ant and Dec win? I get why Dec won but why did Ant AND Dec win? 'He hasn't done any work for a year.

'Whatever they do, they win in year in year out. He could do an Andi Peters and sleep in a hammock on a beach for a year.'

Ant - Year - Recovery - Painkiller - Addiction

Ant had taken a year off following his recovery from painkiller addiction, after a difficult year which saw him convicted for drink-driving.

But he and Dec picked up their 18th gong on the night, with Ant saying: 'This is a genuine shock, especially this year.

Thank - Reason - Award - Guy - Wit

'I'm shaking. We want to say thank you to everybody, I really don't feel like I can accept it, the one reason we won this award was this guy, his wit, his funniness, his determination, I love you pal.'

Holding back tears Dec then added: 'Thank you so much to everybody who sent kind and thoughtful messages, they kept me going while I was flying the flag for the two of us.

Year - Phone

'But this year more than ever thank you to all of you who picked up the phone and voted...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!