Gina Rodriguez breaks down in tears as she responds to 'anti-black' backlash

Mail Online | 1/23/2019 | Ross Mcdonagh For Dailymail.com
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/01/23/05/8871242-0-image-a-11_1548221368716.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2018/11/05/1601406171201552443/1024x576_MP4_1601406171201552443.mp4

Gina Rodriguez has addressed the backlash she received for supposed 'anti-black' comments she made.

In a heartfelt interview with SiriusXM’s Sway In The Morning on Tuesday, the Jane The Virgin star broke down in tears as she described the devastation she felt when members of the black community turned on her after her quotes were misinterpreted.

November - Interview - Net-A-Porter - 'I - Space

In November the 34-year-old gave an interview to Net-A-Porter in which she said: 'I get so petrified in this space talking about equal pay especially when you look at the intersectional aspect of it, right? Where white women get paid more than black women, black women get paid more than Asian women, Asian women get paid more than Latina women, and it’s like a very scary space to step into.'

She received immediate backlash on social media, with many accusing her of trying to promote the Latina community at the expense of the black community.

Actresses - Industry - Pay - Woman - Amount

'I never said actresses. I wasn’t speaking about my industry,' she said. 'I always find it difficult to talk about equal pay as a woman who makes a substantial amount of money.

'As somebody who came from poverty to now the amount of money I get paid, it doesn’t feel right that I’m the one talking about it, because I’m so damn grateful,' she added tearing up.

Pay - Intersectionality

'What I was saying, was that when we talk about equal pay, we have to talk about intersectionality because we all must rise.'

She said the backlash...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!