Report: Nathan Phillips Led A Group Of Protesters Attempting To Disrupt Catholic Mass In Washington, DC

Hot Air | 1/22/2019 | Staff
Frost123 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://hotair.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/National-Shrine.jpg

The Catholic News Agency is reporting that Nathan Phillips, the man who confronted a group of Catholic high school students at the Lincoln Memorial last Friday, attempted to disrupt Mass at the nation’s largest Catholic Church on Saturday.

While chanting and playing ceremonial drums, a group of Native American rights activists reportedly led by Nathan Phillips attempted Jan. 19 to enter Washington, D.C.’s Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception during a Saturday evening Mass.

Guard - CNA - Situation

The guard told CNA the situation was “tense.”

“I’m just really grateful that nothing too bad happened, they were really angry.”

Guard - Doors - Church - Drummers - Source

The guard said the doors to the church had to be locked to keep the drummers outside. A second source confirmed the guard’s account but the National Shrine’s spokesperson refused to confirm whether the group had attempted to come inside.

All of this happened Saturday evening when people on social media, having heard only one side of the story, were lashing out at the Covington High students and praising Phillips. There’s video from outside the church that night which shows a group of people drumming and singing. After the song ends a student with the Indigenous Youth Council says, “On our lands is where this Basilica sits.” He then termed what had happened to Nathan Phillips a manifestation of “historic, colonial violence.” Does historic, colonial violence mostly consist of smirking?

Twitter - Story - Evidence - Nathan - Phillips

As I said on Twitter, this story is more evidence that Nathan Phillips is someone who looks to create confrontations, not someone who is the victim of one. His initial story about being...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Hot Air
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Drove my Ford to the fjord, but the fjord was dry. . .