Some in Twitter Mob Delete or Apologize for Tweets About Covington Students

www.thenewamerican.com | 1/22/2019 | James Murphy
dorkyrocker (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.thenewamerican.com/media/k2/items/cache/4455cc4dab5ffaad310365f59c8cb794_XL.jpg

Some celebrities and journalists are facing some serious Twitter-regret in the aftermath of the shameful cyber-mob attack on MAGA hat-wearing teens from Kentucky. As more of the original video of the event at the Lincoln Memorial on Friday afternoon was released showing that the group of Catholic school kids were actually the target of intimidation rather than the perpetrators of it, many in the Twitter-mob are quietly deleting tweets that were critical of the teens.

But just hitting the delete button doesn’t make things simply go away in today’s digital world. Kara Swisher, an op-ed writer for the New York Times, deleted a tweet that was captured by Screenshot Bot, a Twitter account that does exactly what the name implies — it takes screenshots of controversial tweets, which the authors tried to remove. Swisher’s tweet read, “I am thinking of finding every one of these sh***y kids and giving them a very large piece of my mind.”

CNN - Personality - Republican - Ana - Navarro

CNN personality and fake Republican Ana Navarro deleted a tweet calling out the parents of the Covington students. “Nobody is born racist. Bigotry is learned from parents, teachers, society and leaders. So yes, I sure as **** think Trump’s racist comments and constant dog whistles have contributed to Making A**wipes Great Again. It is why we must condemn racism everywhere and every time we see it.”

Some of the more honorable people who were taken in by the fake news have apologized for their tweets critical of the students. Dilbert creator Scott Adams posted a video in which he apologized for his initial reaction to a CNN story about the incident. “Upon seeing new videos and seeing different angles and seeing the complete video and seeing the context, everything that CNN reported about this was absolutely fake news,” Adams said.

Jake - Tapper

Jake Tapper of...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.thenewamerican.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
A man rises to the greatness that is expected of him.