Saints Fan Harry Connick Jr. Boycotts Super Bowl over Bad Officiating

Breitbart | 1/22/2019 | Staff
Mkgirlz (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://media.breitbart.com/media/2019/01/evan-agostini-invision-ap.jpg

Singer Harry Connick Jr. got so fed up with the referees during the Rams-Saints game Sunday that he penned a letter to NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell. Saying that he was boycotting the Super Bowl over a blown pass interference call.

“Until changes are made, specifically, booth review of outcome-altering no-calls, you can count me out. I’m not watching the AFC Championship game, and I won’t be watching the Super Bowl,” Connick reportedly said in his letter to the NFL chief, according to WWL-TV.

Connick - Letter - Officiating - Sunday - NFC

Connick sent the letter after the controversial officiating during Sunday’s NFC Championship game between the L.A. Rams and the New Orleans Saints that sent the Rams to the Super Bowl and the Saints to the locker room.

Many say that the refs missed “obvious” pass interference and that if called it would likely have led to a Saints victory instead of a Rams victory.

Connick - Saints - Fan - Letter - Refs

Connick, a Saints fan, said his letter was not predicated on who won or didn’t. He went on to slam the refs for being “mediocre” and for having “no regard” for the penalty call the could have changed the Saints’ fate.

“To not call the pass interference/helmet-to-helmet penalties at the...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Breitbart
Wake Up To Breaking News!