AOC’s Green New Deal: A Dangerous Fantasy

CNS News | 1/22/2019 | Staff
PaMe (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.cnsnews.com/alexandria_ocasio-cortez_smiling_with_hand_on_neck_photo_by_bill_pugliano-getty_images.jpg

If nothing else, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez gives me a lot to write about … and to laugh about.

I recently pontificated about her crazy idea to impose a top tax rate of 70 percent, which would reverse the very successful experiment we had in the 1980s (and presumably have a reverse effect on revenue as well).

Today - Look - Side - Equation

Today, let’s look at the spending side of the fiscal equation.

AOC, as she is known, wants a dramatic increase in the burden of federal spending for her so-called “green new deal.”

Implications

Let’s examine the implications.

We’ll start with a supporter. Thomas Friedman of The New York Times has a giant carbon footprint compared to the average person, but that naturally doesn’t stop him from endorsing policies that would put AOC’s onerous burdens on the less fortunate.

Barack - Obama - Theme - New - Deal

“Barack Obama picked up the theme and made a Green New Deal part of his 2008 platform, but the idea just never took off. So I’m excited that the new Democratic Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and others have put forward their own takes on a Green New Deal … ‘The goal is a “detailed national, industrial, economic mobilization plan” to rapidly transition the country away from fossil fuels and toward clean energy, such as a solar, wind, and electric cars.’ The Green New Deal that Ocasio-Cortez has laid out aspires to power the U.S. economy with 100 percent renewable energy within 12 years and calls for ‘a job guarantee program to assure a living wage job to every person who wants one,’ ‘basic income programs’ and ‘universal health care,’ financed, at least in part, by higher taxes on the wealthy. … it is time for the green movement to think big and make big demands … a portion of every dollar raised by a carbon tax in a Green New Deal would be invested in...
(Excerpt) Read more at: CNS News
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: