Seasoning your Speech

The Cripplegate | 1/21/2019 | Staff
Mkgirlz (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i2.wp.com/thecripplegate.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/cropped-20180607_BlueCircle_CripplegateLogo-1.png?fit=512,512&ssl=1

One treat I discovered in America was the Jelly Belly jelly bean. I was astounded that the beans tasted exactly like the product whose flavor they mimicked – so the blueberry jelly bean tastes just like an actual blueberry, as with the buttered popcorn, peanut butter and jelly, cherry-cola, coffee with milk and sugar, doughnuts, and countless other concoctions.

Then I discovered Jelly Belly’s evil twin: Bertie Botts Beans. These duplicitous imposters look like Jelly Belly beans, but ooze with noxious flavors, like toothpaste, grass, dirt, rotten egg, soap, earwax, booger, earthworm, and the worst of the worst: vomit.

Visitors - Bowl - Beans - Bertie - Botts

It became fashionable to serve visitors a bowl of regular beans, laced with a few putrid Bertie Botts in the same bowl, thus setting a ghastly trap for an unsuspecting guest.

In much the same way words come in countless varieties. You get sweet words, sour words, and downright noxious words. You can match your vocabulary to any situation. And speech can be wholesome and healing, or noxious and harmful.

Grace - Delights - Charms

Gracious, or “filled with grace” means “attractive, that which delights and charms.”

Some people are always edifying to listen to. Jesus had this characteristic:

Luke - Words - Mouth

Luke 4: 22 And all spoke well of him and marveled at the gracious words that were coming from his mouth.

Graciousness is the sweetness of speech spoken of in Proverbs 16: 24 Gracious words are like a honeycomb, sweetness to the soul and health to the body.

Opposite - Language - Ranting - Banality

It’s the opposite of offensive language, bitter ranting, or stale banality.

Conversations with Christians should never leave a bitter aftertaste, like a rotten egg jelly bean, but should always produce a pleasant sweetness. Christians can converse with unbelievers about the weather, sport, politics, and movies, making their conversation pleasant and informed, while still using opportunities to bear witness to the grace of God in their lives.

Speech

Your speech should...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Cripplegate
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: