A La Carte (January 22)

Tim Challies | 1/22/2019 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://www.challies.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/ALaCarte-NewspaperScript_2-TUES-940x492.jpg

I’ve got two reminders for you today. The first is that my blog is regularly translated into Spanish. The second is that much of it is recorded in a daily podcast format.

J.A. Medders: “By God’s mercy, as Jesus says, “I paid attention,” and, “Listened.” They won their brother. Honoring Jesus and honoring my brother mattered to me; I didn’t realize I had dishonored both of them. A breakfast meeting changed the way I see my sin, one another, community, and unity. I looked at John and Lucas and saw the grace of God. I confessed my sin, asked for forgiveness, and thanked them for pursuing me, for putting discipline among the body of Christ to work. It works. It worked on me.”

Jen - Oshman - Challenge - Areas - Life

Jen Oshman offers a challenge that pertains to so many areas of life. “Our friend, who was almost a decade ahead of us, pointed out a truth that every person in ministry must eventually confront: God may only give you a small audience. He may only grant you a few supporters. He may only bless you with a small team, a short reach, a limited influence. The question for us back then was how would we respond?”

“This will not be one of those ‘the gospel according to [insert film here]’ posts, but I do think one particular portion of the documentary lends itself to (what ought to be) a deep question at the heart of every person.” The film is the documentary on Mr Rogers and the writer is Jared Wilson.

This was...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Tim Challies
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: