Dario Argento Says Luca Guadagnino’s ‘Suspiria’ Remake “Betrayed The Spirit Of The Original Film”

The Playlist | 1/21/2019 | Charles Barfield
Click For Photo: https://theplaylist.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/suspiria-dakota-johnson-tilda-swinton.jpg

Remakes and reboots are generally met with eye rolls from film fans. Unless the remake is damn near perfect, most of the fans of the original film will look at it with disdain. But normally, when you have a remake or reboot, the filmmaker behind the original work that is being redone is able to see the merit and says something nice about the project. That is, unless your name is Dario Argento and you’re asked about Luca Guadagnino’s recent “Suspiria” reimagining.

Leading up to the film’s release late last year, Guadagnino was asked quite a bit about what Dario Argento thought of the remake. In an interview in 2018, Guadagnino said, “He was very generous. He has seen the movie, but it’s not for me to relay his reaction. I can only say to you that after he saw it he called me, and it was a great call.”

Radio - Rai - Un - Giorno - Da

However, speaking to Radio Rai 1’s Un Giorno da Pecora, the legendary Italian filmmaker wasn’t so complimentary of Guadagnino’s reimagining.

“It did not excite me, it betrayed the spirit of the original film: there is no fear, there is no music. The film has not satisfied...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Playlist
Wake Up To Breaking News!