Ariana Grande inspires posters at Women's March 2019

Mail Online | 1/21/2019 | Shirley Donlon For Dailymail.com
jster97 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/01/21/21/8809772-0-image-a-164_1548106306003.jpg

In its third consecutive year running, the 2019 Women's March saw thousands of women all over the country gathering in their respective cities to march in demand for a number of issues including reproductive freedom and gender equality.

And this year, powerful female artists including Ariana Grande and Cardi B served as the inspiration for many sign-carrying participants, with dozens of posters at the event using lyrics from their songs in order to make a poignant political statement.

U - 'God - Woman - Slogans - March

'Thank U, next' and 'God is a Woman' were just two of the many slogans used at the march, inspired by 25-year-old singer Ariana Grande.

Washington, D.C., New York City, Chicago, Boston and Los Angeles were just some of the cities that paid host to thousands of marching women and men, gathering for the 2019 Women's March on Saturday, January 19.

Marches - Women - Streets - Cities - Posters

The marches saw women walking the streets of their cities, while brandishing homemade posters with powerful signs and slogans written across them.

Ariana's fans stepped out in full force at the march, displaying creative posters featuring some lyrics from her songs.

Poster - U - Woman

One poster read 'Thank U, next' while another had 'God is a Woman' written across it.

Another poster, held by a woman at the march, read: 'You Like My Rights, Gee Thanks, I Want Them.'

Taught - Patience - Taught - Posters - US

'One taught me love, one taught me patience, one taught me pain,' was written on other posters that compared different U.S. political figures.

And although it remains unclear if Ariana was at the event herself, she certainly seemed to enjoy the use of her lyrics on the posters, and took to Instagram on Sunday, January 20 and shared some of the images, and captioned the photos with a love heart and her signature cat-face emoji.

Cardi - B - Artist - Lyrics - Posters

Cardi B was another artist whose lyrics were translated on to posters...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!