Liberal on Liberal Attacks: MSNBC Defends Ocasio-Cortez From Aaron Sorkin

NewsBusters | 1/21/2019 | Staff
erinmmarion (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.newsbusters.org/images/sorkinaaron.jpg

MSNBC on Monday defended one (young and new) liberal against the attacks of a veteran (and older) liberal. Over the weekend, West Wing creator Aaron Sorkin took a not-so-subtle shot at Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, saying, “young people” “need to stop acting like young people. Okay? It's time to do that.”

He added, “There's a great opportunity here, now more than ever, for Democrats to be the non-stupid party.” MSNBC Live host Hallie Jackson played the clip and huffed, “So, youngs can’t young?”

Strategist - Mark - Messina - Criticism - Ocasio-Cortez

Democratic strategist and guest Mark Messina was furious at the criticism of Ocasio-Cortez: “What a condescending jerk. Are you kidding me?”

He added, “Don't pat us on the head and say ‘Thanks for your votes and thanks for young people for changing the world.’” Us? Messina turns 50 this year.

Time - Com - Ocasio-Cortez - Displeasure - Creator

Time.com also highlighted Ocasio-Cortez’s displeasure with the creator of West Wing, The American President and other dramas.

A partial transcript is below:

HALLIE - JACKSON - Thick - Weekend - Table

HALLIE JACKSON: Before we get to break, I want to talk about one thick that was interesting over the weekend. Since we have a mixed generational table, I think it is fair to say, we thought we thought we'd talk about Aaron Sorkin coming out. You heard what he said? This idea of when he looks at the Democratic Party about this presidential field, what...
(Excerpt) Read more at: NewsBusters
Wake Up To Breaking News!
"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into"--Jonathan Swift