Mean Husbands and Wives Who Want to Love Them

Rick Thomas | 1/21/2019 | Rick Thomas
stefania (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://rickthomas.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/RMlogoMeanHusbandsandWivesWhoWanttoLoveThem.jpg

Both husbands and wives can be mean to each other. This truth is sad as well as a call to mobilize your attitudes and actions to come alongside the erring spouse. How do you do that? How do you care for a mean spouse?

Our podcasts are on iTunes, Google Play, SoundCloud, TuneIn, or Stitcher. If you want to comment on this content, go here.

You may want to read:

Member Question – I liked your Mean Wives article and was able to benefit from it practically. Would it be possible to turn the article around by talking about mean husbands? How can a woman serve a husband who is manipulative—specifically angry and demanding. I was thinking of someone who wants to honor the Lord by being submissive but does not understand how to practice Galatians 6:1-2 in that context.

Situations - Place - Submission - Person - Situation

One of the hardest situations to be in is a place of submission when the person you are to submit to is unkind, uncaring, and unloving. This situation is what Peter was addressing in chapter two of his first letter.

After Peter lays the groundwork for suffering in a master/servant construct, he gives us the solution, which is how to live out the gospel while being persecuted practically (See 2 Peter 2:21-25). If the gospel is not the functioning foundation for your suffering, you will not be able to endure suffering well.

Peter - Points - Gospel - Christ - Answer

Peter points us to the gospel (Christ) as the answer as well as the steps (2 Peter 2:21) we are to follow. Practically living out the gospel, as it pertains to unjust suffering, is one of the most challenging things you will ever do.

I suppose the first retort could be that suffering within a relational construct is not unjust entirely, and you are probably right. In most marriages where one person is mean to...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Rick Thomas
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Trump - Just saying what the rest won't
Tagged: