Ooh, my machine is SO much faster than yours... Oh, wait, that might be a bit of a problem...

www.theregister.co.uk | 1/21/2019 | Staff
darktm22darktm22 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://regmedia.co.uk/2018/11/09/shutterstock_oops.jpg

Monday morning has rolled round once again, which can only mean one thing – Who, Me?

Yes, it’s time for another trip down readers’ memory lanes in El Reg’s weekly column that celebrates all the times you’ve tried to slink off without someone noticing the monumental error you’ve just made.

Time - Joe - Kit - Detriment - Workers

This time, we meet “Joe”, who was testing out some new shiny kit – much to the detriment of his fellow workers.

“It was 1990, and I was working for a high-tech startup that had grown from 24 employees to well over 200 in three years,” Joe told us.

Firm - Warehouse - Desks - CAT-5 - Servers

The firm had bagged itself a warehouse, kitted it out with desks, run CAT-5 to each, and then set up the servers.

Each of the sales reps in the biz had an IBM 286 desktop running client management system SaleMaker, Joe said.

Operation - Priority - Company

“The entire operation was set up to make selling the highest priority in the company.”

Joe was the pre-sales tech support for the floor – which at least meant he only had himself to blame for the complaints he was about to face.

Support

Our tech support had just received the...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.theregister.co.uk
Wake Up To Breaking News!
It's a fight to the death, which you will eventually lose...