Sports Illustrated model recalls how a simple comment sparked years of 'hard' dieting

Mail Online | 1/20/2019 | Kristy Johnson For Daily Mail Australia
vpp1219 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/01/21/02/8777996-0-image-a-6_1548039387964.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2018/10/29/8454227921133220215/1024x576_MP4_8454227921133220215.mp4

Perth-based Sports Illustrated model Kate Wasley has recalled how a simple comment in her high school years made her turn to extreme dieting.

The 24-year-old shared a series of before-and-after photos to Instagram on Sunday, where she revealed how the subtle taunts about her overweight frame 'stung'.

Kate - 'hard - Dieting - Years - Age

Kate said she turned to 'hard' dieting at just 17 years of age, and began an 800 calorie diet, involving a 'disgusting' detox juice.

No longer depriving herself, the Good American ambassador said she firmly believes that 'health comes in all shapes and sizes'.

'Welcome - Kind - Before - Kate - Series

'Welcome to my different kind of before and after,' Kate began, alongside a series of photos at her skinniest on the left, and now at her healthiest, on the right.

'And before anyone jumps and tells me I was healthier on the left, here's why I wasn't, and here is why I firmly believe that health comes in all shapes and sizes.'

Kate - School - Kilograms

Kate said that while she was not quite overweight in high school, she was 'at least 8-10 kilograms heavier' that what she is now.

'I used to get a lot of comments about how I'd be hot if I lost weight and that I had such a pretty face,' she recalled.

'People - Face - Comments - Way - People

'People weren't necessarily mean to my face, but the little comments stung as I was only 17, and the way I looked and what people thought of me was still a big deal.'

It wasn't until a high school teacher criticised her appearance in public, however, that she turned to extreme dieting.

Day - Teacher - Front - Friends

'One day after a teacher told me in front of all my friends that I "probably wasn't as fit as I could be," and the same...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Don't believe everything you think...