Five Books for Believers Struggling with Unanswered Prayers

ChristianityToday.com | 10/19/2018 | Staff
k.collazi (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www-images.christianitytoday.com/images/85708.jpg?w=1200

READ THIS ISSUEBuilding on the Black Church’s Bible LegacyCan Anger at God Be Righteous?Who Owns a Woman’s Body? Not Who You Think.

Get the best from CT editors, delivered straight to your inbox!

Yancey - Questions - Table - Scholar - Eyes

Yancey puts three troubling questions on the table, examining them with both a scholar’s eyes and a pastor’s heart: Is God unfair? Is he silent? Is he hidden? Yancey frames his answers from scriptural arguments, personal stories, and the puzzling account of Job. While the book won’t satisfy every doubt we might bring to the table, it makes a powerful case for God’s goodness in the face of mystery.

When God isn’t answering the one big question gripping our hearts, it is tempting to let that silence dominate our perspective. We would do well, then, to open our eyes to all the ways he is still present. Nouwen’s meditations in Here and Now are short, simple, and thoroughly nourishing. When I read them, my heart finds calm, and I reawaken to the small, daily blessings God provides, even here in the land of unanswered prayer.

God - Inaction - Psalms - Language - Prayer—language

When we are offended by God’s inaction, the psalms provide the raw language we need for prayer—language worthy of our bruised and broken hearts. Blessed with Tim and Kathy...
(Excerpt) Read more at: ChristianityToday.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a Government intervention.