Mom charged after toddler flew out of moving car because she failed to fasten seat belt properly

Mail Online | 1/20/2019 | Leah Simpson For Dailymail.com;Emily Crane For Dailymail.com
smnth28 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/01/15/14/8550890-0-image-a-24_1547561616416.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/01/15/6894796674696787220/1024x576_MP4_6894796674696787220.mp4

A Minnesota woman has been charged after horrifying dashcam video has captured the moment a toddler who was still strapped into her car seat flew out of a moving vehicle after her mother failed to properly fasten the seat.

Maimuna Kunow Hassan, 40, was charged with child endangerment, a gross misdemeanor charge, permit violation which is a misdemeanor charge, and a petty misdemeanor charge for child passenger restraint not fastened.

Details - Thursday - Complaint - Blue - Earth

The details were revealed in a Thursday criminal complaint from Blue Earth County following the incident where a two-year-old girl toppled out of the rear left door of the car as her mother - who only had an instructional permit - veered around a corner in Mankato on Monday.

Despite the Honda Civic - which had another secured child seat inside - slowing to close the door before taking off again, it took 20 minutes for the woman to return to the scene.

Blocks - Road - Child - Spot

After driving five blocks down the road and parking up, she and another child walked back to the spot.

'The defendant went up to the child occupied in the car seat and hugged the child,' the complaint reads. It adds that the woman and second child were 'crying and upset'.

Endangerment - Woman - Year - Jail - Fine

For child endangerment the woman could spend up to one year in jail and be charged with a $3,000 fine. The other two charges could see her incarcerated for up to 90 days behind bars or a $1,000 fine or both. In total she faces 15 months and $5,000 in fines.

Hassan is scheduled to appear in court February 14. She told law...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Do I know who I am?
Tagged: