Finn Wolfhard on ‘Carmen Sandiego’, His Hacker Character, & Working with Gina Rodriguez

Collider | 1/18/2019 | Dave Trumbore
Click For Photo: http://cdn.collider.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/stranger-things-finn-wolfhard.jpg

Finn Wolfhard is about to have a very busy year. On the feature film side, he’ll return in IT: Chapter 2 this September and he’ll voice Pugsley Addams in the animated movie The Addams Family this October. On the TV side, of course, Season 3 of Netflix’s hit series Stranger Things arrives on July 4th. And that’s just a few of his projects. But another Netflix show featuring Wolfhard is available to stream right now, the animated action-adventure series, Carmen Sandiego.

Wolfhard gets to play an original role on the newest version of the iconic title, that of Player, the white hat hacker. Without giving too much away before you get a chance to check out the series for yourself, Player is a bit of a mysterious character outside of the fact that he helps Carmen as a one-man support team for her various adventures. (You can check out my review of the series here for more.) As for Wolfhard, I had a chance to chat with him about the series, working with star Gina Rodriguez, and what’s up next in his busy schedule. Additionally, in anticipation of Carmen Sandiego‘s arrival, an interactive experience has been set up at TheCarmenEffect.com that gives readers a look into the iconic character’s incredible influence over the years. Be sure to give it a look after checking out Wolfhard’s answers below!

Introduction - Carmen - Sandiego - Series

What was your first introduction to Carmen Sandiego before this series?

Finn Wolfhard: I had heard the name but had no context. It was only as we got into it that I realized how huge Carmen was.

Opportunity - Player

How did the opportunity to play Player come to you?

Wolfhard: I honestly can’t remember if I auditioned or if it was offered to me. All I knew was that Gina Rodriguez was in and I wanted to be involved, too.

Player

Player...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Collider
Wake Up To Breaking News!