Thousands mourn the death of rookie California officer who was fatally shot after two weeks on job

Mail Online | 1/19/2019 | Stephanie Haney For Dailymail.com;Associated Press
blacky (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/01/19/06/8721142-0-image-a-85_1547878003867.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/01/19/4825944049216435318/1024x576_MP4_4825944049216435318.mp4

Thousands of officers paid their respects at the funeral for a fallen cop gunned down just two weeks in the job during a routine traffic stop.

A young Natalie Corona would run around the house in police gear and loved watching the show 'Cops.' She always knew she wanted to be a police officer, her sister told the congregation in California on Friday.

Corona - Force - Months - Facebook - Tribute

Even before Corona joined the force a few months ago, she posted a Facebook tribute to the men and women who serve and who have died in the line of duty.

She didn't know then how much it would touch the world, her father said.

Members - Friends - Thousands - Officers - Country

Family members, friends and thousands of officers from across the country packed into a memorial service to honor the 22-year-old.

Uniformed officers, hats in their white-gloved hands, filled about 8,000 seats at an indoor arena at the University of California, Davis, and overflowed into the aisles.

Service - Slideshow - Family - Photos - Corona

During a 90-minute service, a slideshow of family photos and Corona's brief professional life played on giant screens.

It ended with the image from her 2016 Facebook tribute to law enforcement.

Picture - Corona - Beaming - Gown - Blue

The picture showed Corona beaming and wearing a floor-length blue gown as she held a 'Thin Blue Line' flag that shows support for officers.

'Little did she know that she and this picture would touch so many lives around the world,' her father, Merced Corona, said.

Merced - Lupe - Corona - Parents - Officer

Merced and Lupe Corona, both parents of the slain officer, were pictured together kissing their daughter's coffin at Friday's service.

He shared a story of a touching moment he shared with his little girl, after she had graduated from training.

Moments - Badge - Pop - Nat

'One of my proudest moments after pinning her badge was when she asked me, "Pop, can I now call you brother cop?" And after telling her no for so long, I finally told her, "Yes, Nat, you can...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Putting government in charge of morality, is like putting Satan in charge of ...