Man cries over wife's beautiful ambush makeover

Mail Online | 1/18/2019 | Erica Tempesta For Dailymail.com
tiazanne (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/01/18/20/8708104-0-image-a-58_1547842864178.jpg

A woman brought her husband to tears as she showed off her stylish new look after getting a dramatic ambush makeover in honor of their 38th wedding anniversary.

Maryrose Barron, 68, from Arnold, Maryland, was joined by her husband, Larry, as she braved the below-freezing temperatures in the Today show plaza on Thursday morning in the hope of getting plucked from the crowd for an ambush makeover.

Couple - Daughter - Netherlands - Today - Fan

The couple's daughter recently moved the Netherlands, and the Today show fan revealed managed to watch the segment every week during their last visit abroad.

While in New York City celebrating nearly 40 years together, Maryrose got the attention of Today style expert Jill Martin and celebrity hairstylist Louis Licari with her cute sign asking them to take her 'from frump to fabulous.'

Gift - Larry - Wife - Fortune - Transformation

'I'm glad she got picked. It's a great gift,' Larry said of his wife's good fortune, while she was admittedly looking for a glamorous transformation.

'I'm hoping that I'll look as fabulous as my friends do when we go out together,' she told Jill.

Maryrose - 'do - Outfit - Stage - Makeover

Maryrose proudly showed off her new 'do and her stylish outfit as she strutted on stage after her makeover.

'Oh, boy,' Larry said as his eyes welled with tears.

Maryrose - Look - Mirror - Time

When Maryrose saw her new look in the mirror for the first time, she was stunned.

'Oh my gosh. It's so amazing. Oh, I love it,' she gushed.

Larry - Speechless - Eyes - Tears - Wife

Larry, meanwhile, was left speechless. His eyes glistened with tears while gazing at his wife, and the Today show hosts helped him out by getting him some tissues.

Maryrose also had to dab her eyes while Louis detailed how he 'softened' her dark brown hair, which was darker on the ends and lighter on the top.

Length - Louis - Stylist - Igor - Musaye

As for the length, Louis's trusty stylist Igor Musaye cut her locks into a bouncy chin-length 'do...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!